One of the reasons I love the internet is all the random, interesting, sometimes totally useless (unless you’re trying out for Jeopardy) information you come across. So I’ve decided to collect some of these tidbits that have caught my attention.
- Carole Lombard (wife of Clark Gable) was a second generation member of the Baha’i faith?
- She was a Hoosier…as are DH and The Daughter
- She was killed in a plane crash, 16 January 1942, while returning from a War Bond Drive.
- In June 1942 a Liberty Ship was christened in her name.
- In December 1945 my father returned home from the Pacific Theater on the S S Carole Lombard.
This is part of a chart he kept on the trip back home.